Friday, July 22, 2011

Warm up and Burn

NOT EDITED

I really do want to go to dance class today. It’s one of those days in LA that I like, like so much. It’s about 68d and the clouds are all long like they were painted by Walt Disney himself and the sky is a kind of blue that feels like it’s belongs to my city alone. I just want to ride my board the rest of the day but I can’t if I want to keep up in class. So days I think what am I doing this for. I love it but sometimes I just want my life to be mine and 17. Sitting on the floor in the gym with Mr. Chuy in tights making us do all kinds of stretches. I guess since I have permission to leave after this to go downtown to my other school for dance class. This is a pretty good warm up. I don’t know why we are not doing this outside.

I looked over at Tangy and Lynetta-Marie and gave them a look that said how much of this can we stand. They returned the look. They were always together. They even worked it out so all their classes are together. They seem sweet, at least to me. Lynetta-Marie rolled her eyes and said something to Tangy in their own language. I asked once how long they knew each other and they said like from birth literally. They were born at the same hospital at the same time and their parents went to the same La Mase classes together. When Tangy was 2 months old they moved across the street from Lynetta-Marie’s family.

Mr. Chuy was into it now he had us like doing back-bends. It was most definitely going to warm me up for class. OK, OK I guess I’m going. At least I get to see my ghirls that I like in that class.

Hmm does Mr. Chuy have a little hole in his cycling tights? It doesn’t matter I think he has a jock on like always. Some men should wear as little as possible and he is one of my nominations. I think he said we were going to stretch the whole class. Oh well it’s OK with me, better than running around the track or pretending to enjoy touch football or softball or any other athletic endeavor that involves the people in my class. Some of the guys are real retreads (people that should be ground up and remade into new human beings).

We get up to do some kind of lunging thing with our arms up. We almost all needed to be re-elined. So Mr. Chuy came around to all of up and I saw what he was doing so I stuck out my butt so he would have to touch me. I can be such a touch whore sometimes. You would think not from what I do at night but that doesn’t count to me. I’ll explain later.

So Mr. Chuy has helped everyone but me, some them twice or more. He is walking around the class then he says “OK change legs.” What he never fixed me!?! I thought. Then change to the next leg and stick my butt out again and twist my shoulders. Then I feel hands on my shoulder and waist.

I turn to look and jump.

Gavril Gonzales White –WTF! are you doing?

[I have never liked him. He used to be a first team sports guy and dropped two passes and lost the games for our school and then he quit the team and grew his hair long and now he’s spiritual.]

Why are you touching me? I said.

You looked terribly out of line so I was helping you. He said looking all hurt that I would yell.

As long as I’ve known you when have you ever in life thought I wanted you to touch me?

Why is my touch so bad? I was just helping a friend.

Friend, did he just call me a friend?

Tangy said Yes he did, Ted.

I looked her and Lynetta-Marie and said is out of his freaking mind.

Mr. Chuy was there before I could get all up in his ugly face. I was going to snatch me some long blonde hair.

Mr. Chuy grabbed me, putting his body between me and my target. Damn he is solid. I almost lost my steam. But over his round shoulders was the object of my outrage.

What’s going on Ted? Said Mr. Chuy

This retread touched me!

I was just helping him. He was out of line Mr. C.

I shot him a look that moved him back. [I said I was picky about who touches me.]

If he was just helping you out why did you get mad? Said Mr. Chuy as he was pulling off to the side of the gym with the bench

I waited until we sat down and he told the class to walk-stride back and forth the long way 10x.

What’s really going on Ted?

I just don’t like Gavril White in any way and he has known it since the second day of the 9th grade.

I didn’t know you two had such feeling. Mr. Chuy said with his arm still around my shoulders.

I have always made it clear that we were not friends and not enemies. That would take me thinking about him.

Wow Ted I didn’t know. Did he try and give you a hard time for being different?

You mean because I’m Gay? As if, I would have smashed him into something more useful like a door stop.

Mr. Chuy looked shocked and pulled his arm away.

Look I have you ever met someone who goes far beyond rubbing you the wrong way. What if you met Charles Manson or Hitler would let them touch you? I said.

Well your right I wouldn’t let those guys touch me, but Gavril hasn’t killed anyone, I don’t think.

Maybe not but I get the same creepy feeling when he’s around. I usually leave.

Are you going to be able to finish the class?

Sure if he doesn’t touch or get anywhere near me again I’ll try.

If you need straightening again I’ll make sure it me that does it. He leaned in close and whispered in my ear “I know that’s what you wanted anyway, right?

He put me on pause; I didn’t even know he knew I was all about him. Umm oops.

I-I-I Umm Yes I guess I did.

I thought so, no get out there and do some strides so the others won’t think I’m playing favorites. And he pats me on the butt. If I was white I would have been fire-engine red.

I was going to have to mark that for later discussion.

I finished my strides quick and we all did a cool down stretch and off to the locker room.

When I walk in was I not expecting Gavril to be waiting for me. I thought he was at least that smart. I’m glad I didn’t call in that bet. The fool was sitting by my locker looking all sad and hopeful.

I wasn’t going anywhere near the retread. I asked Devlin, one of the bigger guys in our class to tell him to move away. Devlin likes me because I floor one of his enemies in a fight two years ago.

Devlin is big and some crazy. He only claims to like 3 guys in our school and only the girls with big racks. That what he says, I’m just glad to be 1 of the 3.

Devlin strolled over to Gavril and asked him very politely for Devlin to move his ass away from my locker. To my surprise Gavril didn’t move,

He said in a little whine, I just want to talk to Ted to try and work things out. I want to be friends.

Well you Hippy Mo-Fo he doesn’t want to work anything out with you. said Devlin

I stood back arms crossed and pinched.

Devlin reached for Gavril’s arm but Gavril jumped back and moved away.

I walked slowly over to my locker to dress quickly and get out of there.

After I dressed in Black pant cut off at the calve and rolled above the knee and a white dress shirt and black Docs and black and white knee socks. I stopped at Devlin’s locker to thank him. I snuck a sneakers bar onto his locker shelf. He is easy to please. He just had a t-shirt and socks on. Too bad kids don’t do it for me I would have all I wanted to look at right around me, but no.

I jetted outside to grab a mini pot pie for the bus ride.

TAT

No comments:

Post a Comment